Friday 16 May 2014

Hobby Tools: Upgraded to an Evolution Airbrush

Like two weeks I have tried out some airbrushing for the first time, I deliberately bought a cheap Airbrush because I didn't know If I liked it or not. Well I did, it's so much faster to put down all the base colours. especially for vehicles. But the cheap gun I use (no brand on it, bought from a generic shop here in Sweden) works but not for much more than put down the most basic colours (primer and one base colour). And I want to try it out some more so I early decided to upgrade my Airbrush for a real brand.

After some checking on the Internet and what not I decided to go with Harder & Steenbeck Evolution 2 in 1. Haven't had time to try it out yet but I'm very eager to do so. I also bought some more stuff I needed, new hose, nozzle cleaning kit and a cleaning pot. Now I'm ready to do some more Airbrushing!

The Evo comes in this nice little yellow box

All the stuff I bought now

The old one and the new Evo

How I put down the basic first colours on my models (done with the old airbrush)

First model I Airbrushed, I used blu tac to do the camo on this one.

3 comments:

  1. It's a pretty darn good airbrush at least from what I can gather. I've been planning to switch to the exact same one from my Badger 105 for a while now. Seems that the Harder & Steenbeck ones seem to be getting a lot of hype especially from some youtube channels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please continue to post reviews and comments on the new airbrush as you work with it. I recently got into airbrushing, so I know barely anything about the differences between all these models...besides they are about 10x the cost of the cheap ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the replies guys.

    Samuli - I choose between H & S or a Badger brush pretty much but found a really good prize on this one and as you say, they get a lot of positive critique (as do Badger though)

    Greg Hess - I promise you I will, and same here, I'm a total newbie when it comes to airbrushing so it will be interesting too see if I get any better as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...